7. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
7.1 The inspector shall:
1. the service drop.
2. the service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways.
3. the service equipment and main disconnects.
4. the service grounding.
5. the interior components of service panels and sub panels.
6. the conductors.
7. the overcurrent protection devices.
8. a representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
9. the ground fault circuit interrupters.
1. the amperage and voltage rating of the service.
2. the location of main disconnect(s) and sub panels.
3. the wiring methods.
1. on the presence of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring.
2. on the absence of smoke detectors.
7.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
1. the remote control devices unless the device is the only control device.
2. the alarm systems and components.
3. the low voltage wiring, systems and components.
4. the ancillary wiring, systems and components not a part of the primary
electrical power distribution system.
5. measure amperage, voltage, or impedance.
STANDARDS OF PRACTICE