10.1 The inspector shall:
1. the walls, ceilings, and floors.
2. the steps, stairways, and railings.
3. the countertops and a representative number of installed cabinets.
4. a representative number of doors and windows.
5. garage doors and garage door operators.
10.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
1. the paint, wallpaper, and other finish treatments.
2. the carpeting.
3. the window treatments.
4. the central vacuum systems.
5. the household appliances.
6. recreational facilities.
12. FIREPLACES AND SOLID FUEL BURNING APPLIANCES
12.1 The inspector shall:
1. the system components.
2. the vent systems, flues, and chimneys.
1. the fireplaces and solid fuel burning appliances.
2. the chimneys.
12.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
1. the interiors of flues or chimneys.
2. the firescreens and doors.
3. the seals and gaskets.
4. the automatic fuel feed devices.
5. the mantles and fireplace surrounds.
6. the combustion make-up air devices.
7. the heat distribution assists whether gravity controlled or fan assisted.
B. ignite or extinguish fires.
C. determine draft characteristics.
D. move fireplace inserts or stoves or firebox contents.
STANDARDS OF PRACTICE