Excerpt from ASHI
The inspector shall:
- the service drop.
- the service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways.
- the service equipment and main disconnects.
- the service grounding.
- the interior components of service panels and sub panels.
- the conductors.
- the overcurrent protection devices.
- a representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
- the ground fault circuit interrupters.
- the amperage and voltage rating of the service.
- the location of main disconnect(s) and sub panels.
- the wiring methods.
- on the presence of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring.
- on the absence of smoke detectors.
The inspector is NOT required to:
- the remote control devices unless the device is the only control device.
- the alarm systems and components.
- the low voltage wiring, systems and components.
- the ancillary wiring, systems and components not a part of the primary electrical power distribution system.
- measure amperage, voltage, or impedance.