Excerpt from ASHI
The inspector shall:
- the exterior wall covering, flashing and trim.
- all exterior doors.
- attached decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches, and their associated railings.
- the eaves, soffits, and fascias where accessible from the ground level.
- the vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls on the property when any of these are likely to adversely affect the building. walkways, patios, and driveways leading to dwelling entrances.
B. describe the exterior wall covering.
The inspector is NOT required to:
- screening, shutters, awnings, and similar seasonal accessories.
- Geological, geotechnical, or hydrological conditions.
- recreational facilities.
- seawalls, break-walls, and docks.
- erosion control and earth stabilization measures.